Science at Lenham Primary School aims to enable children to explore the world around them through investigation and exploration, asking questions and working scientifically. We aim to encourage discussion around new concepts so that children can challenge their pre-existing ideas about the world and improve their skills of prediction and analysis.
- To prepare children for life in an increasingly scientific and technological world.
- To develop a curiosity in Science and an appreciation for its contribution in everyday life.
- To encourage concern for the children’s local and wider environments.
- To introduce the language and vocabulary of Science.
- To improve a child’s skills of predicting.
- To improve a child’s skill of asking relevant questions.
- To develop a child’s skills of identifying and classifying.
- To develop a child’s skills of gathering and analysing data.
- To promote an awareness of safety around scientific equipment.